Destinations: Karelia Tours
Explore the nature of Karelia on a half day trip from Petrozavodsk
- Observe the Kivach Waterfalls
- Learn about the Karelian nature
- Visit a husky kennel
- Dog sledding or trekking experience
~09:00 - Pick up by a local English-speaking guide at a hotel in Petrozavodsk.
Transfer to Kivach Waterfalls and Nature Reserve (~about 70 km).
~10:00 - Observe the Waterfalls, arboretum with rare tree species and visit the Museum of Nature of the Reserve.
~11:30 - Transfer and visit of a husky kennel located nearby. Husky sledding or trekking experience (depending on the season). Tea and pies.
~13:30 - Transfer back to Petrozavodsk.
~14:30 - Return to Petrozavodsk.
P.S. The following optional activity can be added:
- a visit of the Church of Saint Peter the Apostle in vicinity of the village of Martsialnye vody.
During this tour you will visit the following sites.
The Nature Reserve of Kivach is located to the north of Petrozavodsk (65 km).
1. Rountrip transfer Petrozavodsk - Kivach - Petrozavodsk;
2. English-speaking guide's services;
3. Entrance fee at Kivach Nature Reserve;
4. Dog-sledding or trekking with dogs;
5. Tea and pies.