Every corner of Kizhi Island is covered on this trip
- Visit the UNESCO-listed Kizhi Pogost
- Explore the central and northern parts of the island
- Experience Russian banya or go fishing
- Stay in a guesthouse and taste traditional food
Meet the local English-speaking guide at the train station of Petrozavodsk (train fr om St. Petersburg or Moscow).
Transfer to the hydrofoil terminal with a panoramic city tour along the way.
The guide will provide vouchers for the trip to Kizhi.
Departure for Kizhi by hydrofoil (1h 15min, without guide).
Upon arrival transfer by motorboat to the guesthouse which is located over the strait, in a small lakeside village.
Transfer to Kizhi Island.
Walking tour of the open-air museum of wooden architecture of Kizhi with a local English-speaking guide.
Transfer back to the guesthouse.
Optional Russian banya.
Dinner at the guesthouse.
Overnight at the guesthouse.
Breakfast at the guest house.
Transfer by motorboat to the pier in Vassilyevo village at Kizhi Island wh ere you can walk along the middle and northern parts of the island featuring old villages and chapels.
Pick-up at the pier in Vassilyevo village and transfer back to the guesthouse.
Transfer to the hydrofoil pier at Kizhi.
Departure by hydrofoil for Petrozavodsk.
Arrival in Petrozavodsk. Transfer to the train station.
Train for Moscow leaves at ~20:05. If you travel to St. Petersburg at 22:50 you can leave the luggage at the station and have a walk around the town with a dinner at one of the restaurants of Petrozavodsk.
During this tour you will visit the following sites.
Petrozavodsk is a nice city with several interesting sights and a perfect starting point for the trips to Kizhi and other cultural and nature landmarks of Karelia.
The island of Kizhi in Lake Onego is famous for the biggest world ensemble of wooden architecture - Kizhi Museum. It is enlisted in UNESCO's World Heritage List.
1. Accommodation in standard rooms at the guesthouse (rooms with en-suite WC and shower);
2. Car/minibus, hydrofoil and motorboat transfers as per itinerary;
3. Meals as per itinerary (B - breakfast, L - lunch, D - dinner);
4. Entrance fees and sightseeing tours as per itinerary.
5. English-speaking guide's services during the sightseeing tours.